Should I upgrade to PP after 2 months responding to RFE?


My case status has been RFE response review for the past two months. It was a documentation error that called for RFE and it was responded to within a week. Since then the case status hasn’t changed from RFE response review. Should I talk to my employer now about upgrading it to PP? Will upgrading it to PP have any adverse effect on the decision.

My case was a straightforward petition for COS from F1 to H1B and neither the employer or attorney initially expected RFE.


If you want to know the result quickly (may be you are in cap-gap) so that you can work on plan B (in case of denial), then go for the upgrade.

If you can wait longer, then you can decide to delay the upgrade.