Shall I apply for EAD first to file H1 b visa or find job while I'm on L2?

I am on L2 visa and don’t have EAD, but there is no clarity about stay of my husband as his project might finish. So, my concern is should i apply for EAD or H1 for myself? If H1, please suggest me some good consultants and time when it should be applied for the year 2014? Thanks!