I was on H4 Visa and got selected for H1B for 2016 lottery, for H1B I got a RFE in september 2015 to which my employer responded immediately. My H4 Visa and I 94 got expired on Oct 10 2015, but since my H1B was in pending status my employer after consulting lawyer asked me to stay until final decision.
We got a response on Dec 2015, and in the response H1b was approved but they didn’t provided a new I94, to which my employer again submitted a request for amendment. We got final decision on March 2016 for consular processing.
From Oct 2015 to March 30th I was in US based on pending application and now I have to schedule a visa interview in India.
My question is staying in US since my H1B was in pending status was correct or not? Will this be an issue during my Visa Interview?