RFE on H1 regrading Education

HI

Got selected through draw…and now the question is I have two Bachelors (3 years) degrees and I have submitted documents to USCIS for only 1… At present i got the Query on 1st degree…Can i have any chance to submitt my another degree…

Thanks

Did you receive RFE related to 3 years of Bachelors vs 4 years of education required for H-1B?

If yes, then this is your employer’s fault as this is a basic requirement and employer/attorney should have taken care of it at the time of submitting application.

You can submit the 2nd degree but you will have to show how they add-up to give you equivalent of 4 years of US degree. Did you get education equivalency done by an agency?

Yes correct i have received an RFE for 3 years bachelors degree in Information Technology…As thats an Deemed university (ICFAI) and dont know if that is the reason why i got the RFE…
Now what my doubt is, i have an distance education already in BBA from Central University So just want to check if i can now submit those documents?

Many Thanks
Kiran

In brief

i have received an RFE for 3 years bachelors degree in Information Technology…As thats an Deemed university (ICFAI) and dont know if that is the reason why i got the RFE…
Now what my doubt is, i have an distance education already in BBA from Central University So just want to check if i can now submit those documents at this stage after selecting in lottery?

If i can submit…Can you please let me know the process to be followed…

Many Thanks
Kiran

Did you get education evaluation done for the 2 degrees together? If yes, what was the US equivalent of the same?

If no education evaluation was done, then you should do it first to know whether you are really qualified for H-1 or not.

How many years of work experience do you have?

Hi
Thanks saurabh for the reply…
No my evaluation is not done…Prior to filling the documents…I have 8 years of IT Experience…

You have enough experience to make-up for any missing years of education. Rule of thumb is that you need at least 3 years of relevant work experience for each missing year of education (4 years is the minimum education required).

Your employer should get education evaluation done in your case for both degrees. Let’s say the US equivalent education comes out as 2.5 years. Then you need (4-2.5=1.5) 1.5*3 = 4.5 years of relevant work experience in order to qualify for H-1. You would need detailed experience letters for this.

I am surprised your employer/attorney didn’t do the evaluation earlier when you don’t have a clear 4 years IT degree.