RFE on 'Education Evaluation' non IT guy in IT

Hi Saurab,

Thanks a ton for your advices.

I have 4 years of work experience in IT sector with a top 3 MNC in India (all 4 yrs with the same company). My H1B non-premium application was raised for RFE in August for ‘Education Evaluation’. It was replied by Sept middle by company attorney. Here the company has arranged for the ‘Education Evaluation’ from a third party. As per our company policy, they won’t share the receipt number. 

My biggest fear has been my education. I have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Cochin University Of Science and Technology. Will this affect my chances of getting approval?

My Role in onsite is ‘Test Engineer’ and all my IT experience is in relevant field, even though my 4 year B.Tech degree is a non-IT one. Additionally I have done ISEB ISTQB Foundation Level Certification  in Software Testing.

Does the above points compensate for my non-IT degree?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Naveen

Hi Naveen,

Any updates on your case? I am also from the same background B.E Mechanical with 5 years of IT exp, filed for h1b 2014 and got selected in lottery and then RFE on education evaluation, it has been for 4 months in RFE and then my case got denied yesterday, my lawyer said he replied for my RFE but don’t know the reason for denial. Feeling sad and depressed.

Hi

Saw your message…So what is the current situation have you got approval?

Thanks