Reuse H1B visa for the unused duration

I have a previously approved H1 petition. This was stamped in 2002 and should be valid for 6 years. However, I returned to India by mid 2004. Can I use the same petition number to return to the US on H1B visa. since i have used only2 years out of the eligible 6 years, I think I have another 4 years of time left on my earlier H1. Please clarify if this is valid and if I can come to the US on B1 and get it converted to H1B through my employer?


See my response to your question on the other post here -