renewed my passport and got different passport number while the appointment is already booked

I paid and booked an appointment for 2 months ahead but my passport expire and i went to renew it. It came back with a new passport number. should i fill out a new ds 160 form? i don’t want to reschedule my interview.

1 Like

Contact US Travel docs and ask them about it.

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can still attend the same interview and let the officer at first window know about the new passport. S/He would update DS form at their end with new passport number.

Hello Mimi,

I am facing similar issue, Could you please let me know urgently - how you solved your problem.

In my case, I have petition with OLD passport Number and I would want to get VISA stamp on my NEW passport.

looking for your answer.

Regards,
Jaydip Patel.

1 Like

Hi Patel,
It was not an issue. I explained at the first window and they took the new one. Good luck.

1 Like

HI MiMi , Can you please tell me if you filled the new DS 160 with new passport detais or went ahead with the old one only or took both. I am in same situation and my interview is on 18th.

1 Like

Hi,
no i did not fill out a new DS-160. carry both the old and new passport. Once you get to the first window, tell them your old passport expired and you have the new one with you. They will take the new one. it wont be an issue. Carry both old and new passports with you. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi,

I lost my passport.
Can I use old DS-160 or apply new one ?

Dear Patel and Manisha,

I am facing similar situation for F1 visa interview. Did you face any problem due to this reason?

I am really tensed and looking forward to getting your answer.

Regards,
Susmita

Hi Manisha,

I am in the same situation for my US-F1 visa interview. Did you face any problem due to this?

Hello Patel,

I am in similar situation for my US F1 Visa interview. Did you face any problem due to this issue?

It would be of great help if you could let me know. I am highly tensed.

With regards,
Susmita

It was not an issue. I explained at the first window and they took the new one. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you so much Mr. Patel