Reg H1B Visa Extension & procedure to apply


I worked through an Indian company in USA for 1.5 years of time and then i came back to india and working in the same company from last year. My H1B Visa is getting expired in Jan 2013 , now am planning to leave to USA , i would like to get clarified on below queries.

1 How much time in advance my employer has to file the H1B Extension.

2 If i have to go through a different employer in india , is it possible to file h1b extension from india.



You can file the extension within 15 days of your expiry. For safer side it is better to apply 2 months prior to your expiry date.

You can go thru different employer from india. your new employer must apply COS for ur current H1B and you have to get it stamped before you leave.