Reapplying for the same visa when previous application is under administrative processing under 221G

Hi,

My earlier B1/B2 visa application is under 221g administrative processing and my passport and original documents are with US consulate.My question is can I withdraw my passport from US consulate but keep my 221g case active and again apply for one new B1/B2 visa with change of reason for the new one as visiting one of my friend in US who is providing me invitation letter and letter of support while in my earlier one I showed the reason to apply for one new bio metric date since I missed my earlier bio metric of my pending status change application with USCIS because of my travel to India.Is there any risk that if I do it both of my visa applications will be rejected?Or I have to withdraw my pending 221g and reapply again?And if not then do I have tell them about my plan to apply for another B1/B2 visa as a reason of my passport withdrawal or I just can show any other reason?

Please assist me with your valuable advice ASAP.

your B1/B2 visa expects you to convince visa officer that you will come back after your short term requirement to visit US. This is a very gray area how you can prove and how officer can trust your proof.

Having said that, there is nothing called passport withdrawing… you can withdraw your existing B visa petition and request for the return of your passport. Then you can file another B petition.

But here again, read the above paragraph 1 in my answer.

In your original question the following part is single lengthy sentence which is unclear. Can you please explain clearly what is the reason for 221g(what was exactly asked in that form to submit?) and what are your plans to answer it etc(step by step please).
“with change of reason for the new one as visiting one of my friend in US who is providing me invitation letter and letter of support while in my earlier one I showed the reason to apply for one new bio metric date since I missed my earlier bio metric of my pending status change application with USCIS because of my travel to India.Is there any risk that if I do it both of my visa applications will be rejected?”.

Also note that:

1. If you are having SAME class of visa pending(for the same person), if you submit another same visa application, they may potentially reject/tie the new application to the old application. So, its not advisable to apply for a new SAME class visa petition while another is pending(that too with a pending query).
  2. There is another risk of getting the same or almost similar 221g for your future similar visa petitions, if you withdraw your current petition without answering the 221g correctly.
    Good luck