Query on doing an MBA from India

I am currently working in a software consulting company for past 4 years now. I have decided to go for CAT 2014 . I have no option to do an MBA from abroad because of some financial constraints. I heard people saying that if you go for an MBA after 4-5 years of experience than in good B-schools you are not allowed to sit for campus placements as the companies come for recruting they won’t shorlist your profile . If you can throw some light on this that would be a great help . Looking forward for your reply . I know my question does not come under any cateogry that you have mentioned above but still it would be really kind if you can answer my question as it would certainly boost my confidence of trying for CAT 2014 :slight_smile:

Financial constraints should not stop you from studying abroad. For example, our school has a 12-month executive certification program in innovative microenterprise development which allows you to connect with a company and also earn a living expense stipend. You have the choice after this program to either get employed or continue into the MBA program. This linkage is what you would anyway achieve after an MBA from India and that too with some struggle.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu

There is no such restriction. Infact your experience will help. Good colleges == good placements. Experience always helps. Be careful of sales agents in education.