Query about travelling on h4 when I have got 221g during h1b stamping

Hi,

I have got a valid H4 visa with me which was stamped in Sep-2015

In October 2016, I went for H1 B stamping and I was issued 221g slip.

I am yet to submit the required documents.

Can I now immidiately travel on H4 when I have 221g issued for H1?

What are the risks if any?

Please advice.

If you have the passport and H-4 visa stamp hasn’t been expired or canceled, then you can use it for travel.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.
I had few more questions

1. Since my H1 stamping is half way through, will I have any potential problem in US immigration when entering US? I will be travelling on H4. Can they ask me H1 B visa related questions?

2. Can I submit my pending 221g documents once I reach US and if documents are successfully submitted, Will I have to come back to india for stamping ?
    Or Will I have to file for work authorization?

3. Will I have to continue submitting using 221 g OR will I have to go for h1 amendment when I am submitting docs from US?

Please clarify.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.
I had few more questions

1. Since my H1 stamping is half way through, will I have any potential problem in US immigration when entering US? I will be travelling on H4. Can they ask me H1 B visa related questions?

2. Can I submit my pending 221g documents once I reach US and if documents are successfully submitted, Will I have to come back to india for stamping ?
    Or Will I have to file for work authorization?

3. Will I have to continue submitting using 221 g OR will I have to go for h1 amendment when I am submitting docs from US?

Please clarify.

1. Usually they don’t
  2. You can submit the documents even after you have entered US
  3. You can apply for COS from H-4 to H-1 while inside US. Once approved, you can start working on H-1. I would defer to your attorney the question regarding pending 221g.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.
This will surely help me to decide on things now.
I have found this forum very useful and is always updated.

hi @ashpa, can you please share your experience on your situation. What you did ? and what would you suggest others in same situation. Thanks