Process : L1B to H4 dependent Query - Marriage Certificate?

Hi All,

Am currently working with L1B visa working for company XX. My husband has H1B working for company YY. I need to change from L1B to H4 as a dependent to my husband.

But I have not added as a spouse in my husband’s passport. We just have a marriage certificate. Is it possible to change to his dependent while staying in US itself. Or should i go back to home country for this process? Pls suggest

As long as you have marriage certificate, it should be fine. That will serve as proof of marriage. There is no need to have spouse name endorsed or added in the passport. You can apply for COS from L1 to H4.

Thanks Kumar for your reply

1 Like