Primary occupation for H4 - student or homemaker?

My wife is going to apply for H4 visa in a couple of weeks. In DS-160 form she has to fill her primary occupation. Currently she is third year undergrad student.

1. Which option does she have to fill - homemaker or student as her primary occupation?

2. As she has not finished her studies, will it negatively affect her visa getting chances if she mentions that she is in 3rd year of undergrad?

She may continue her studies after we return or may later transfer the credit and continue her studies in US.

1. Student as that’s the truth

2. No, it won’t. H-4 visa is a family reunion visa w/ dual intent. If she was going for a pure non-immigrant visa like F-1 or B-2, then it could have been an issue. But I don’t think it will be an issue for H-4.

If asked what she plans to do in US, she should mention stay at home, as that’s the intent for H-4 visa. Any other plans can derail the stamping.

Thanks Saurabh for your reply. I have one more question - What should she mention in the intended length of stay field? My h1 is approved for 3 years, but she might return back to the home country to finish her studies after few months…

She should mention the stay same as your H-1 duration. In future, it is ok to leave US earlier than that date.