Possibilities of Working from India during the process of Stem OPT to H4 EAD Convserion

Hello,

Currently I am working on Stem OPT which expires on December 04 2015. Unfortunately due to some medical emergency i need to travel to India and stay is going to be more than 6 months. My employer has agreed to allow me to work from India during this period. Now my questions are as below.

1. Can i apply for F1- OPT STEM to H4 conversion and EAD simultaneoualy? And during this process can i work on OPT STEM ?

2. Is it possible for me to apply for H4 EAD and travel to India ,continue working on Stem OPT and once I recieve H4 EAD receipt from USCIS or H4 EAD gets approved continue working on H4 EAD? I really have to travel within 2 weeks .

Or will i be out of status from somethime suring this process?

1. Can i stay in India for more than 6 months outside US during the COS and then get stamping in India and return to US on H4 EAD? Is it possible?

4)Also, What is the minimum working hours rule for H4-EAD. Can i work part-time say 30 hours/week when on H4-EAD.

This is something unusual and I really appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks & Regards

Anonymous

1. yes you can. h4 form now has a start date, you can give a date where you want your h4 to start.

2. in order to apply for h4 ead you need to be in USA. now whether or not you can travel after applying for h4 ead untill the approval comes is the answer I am also looking for. If you know about it let me know.

3)again, travel on h4 ead i dont know.