Passport "Name Bifurcation" procedure

I have the surname field empty in my passport which would cause issue in visa procedure.

What is the procedure to apply for “Name Bifurcation” in passport?

My full name – XXXX YYYY ZZZZ is printed under “given names” on my passport.

Currenlty it is

surname

Empty

------------------------------------------------------------

Given Name(s)

XXXX YYYY ZZZZ

Should be changed to

surname

XXXX

Given Name(s)

YYYY ZZZZ

try to apply for a reissue of passport stating name change as reason. have a name change affidavit done before hand and follow that process

Go to the PP website [http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink] Register as a userLogin to the PP Website, select the "Apply for Fresh PP/reissue of PP"Either Download the interactive PDF, fill it offline generate xml and then upload it to the website or fill the form online.While entering details in the form choose the “Other” option as reason for change. In the text box generated, enter “Name Bifurcation”.If you are retaining the previously entered Present Address, No additional address proof document is required. If not, then make sure you have address proof for the new address. Once you have submitted your form, Go to the View Saved/Submitted form option on the Left corner of screen.Select the respective ARN, and click Schedule Appointment. [Note: you are expected to pay partial amount of the reissue of Passport fees online while booking your appointment, details/options are specified in the website as you proceed]Documents Needed: Your old passport copy, with first two and last two pages. Self attested.Your old passport [they need to stamp cancelled on it]Application receipt. [print from the system]Address Proof(Adhar Card) 10 th class Marks Sheet These are documents i have submitted. They didnt ask any questions , process was pretty smooth. It just took 15 mins for whole process.