Passport expiring while in 221g. Passport with US consulate.

Hi Saurabh and all,

My Visa is under admin processing from last 8 months and my passport is with US Hyderabad consulate.My passport will expire in June 2013.
My question is

  1. In this situation how can I apply for my new passport ?
  2. If US consulate decides to stamp the visa, will they ask me to get the new passport ?


You can request consulate to return the passport as it is due for renewal. Once you get the new passport and consulate is ready to issue visa (they will ask you to submit the passport), you can submit both passports along w/ a letter explaining the situation. They should then stamp it in the new passport. You should sitll carry both passports when travelling to US.