Here’s my timeline:
- Employer made H1B petition in 04/2014.
- Status change to H1B in 10/2014.
- Lay off in 09/2016.
- H1 visa was revoked in 11/2016.
- Get B2 visa (to make my presence lawful).
- B2 visa expired on 15 March 2017.
- I overstayed for 179 days.
- I left US on 10 September 2017 (before reaching 180 days… to avoid the 3\10 bars ban).
My question is:
Now when transferring H1B while abroad … will the H1 transfer petition be denied by USCIS due to that overstay? Or will that overstay make visa interview more difficult?
And finally what can I do to make things easier?