on H4 visa, applied for EAD but have not received yet, can I run a cake business from home without EAD?


I sent in My EAD application on Jan 5th 2017 and haven’t even got any receipt confirmation as yet. Waiting for 30days to be up so I can call them and ask what happened to my application and why I haven’t even got a receipt confirmation. Maybe it got lost? Who knows.

Anyway, I have a bachelors from the US and I’m a pastry chef by profession. Can i run a home based cake business without the EAD? Is that legal?

No it is not legal; running a home business is prohibited activity under the INA ruling for H-4 visa holders. Please wait for your EAD card.