NRI: Passport re-issue in India - PSK

Couple of week before, I came India for visit and re-issued my passport in India.

In 2018, I re-issued my passport from India only in 4 days on Aadhar Card with Post Verification (i changed address kolhapur on passport).

In USA, CKGS had given me timeline of 2-3 weeks.

March 2018-> As soon as I came India, I applied for passport re-issue online(NORMAL process) and booked appointment to PUNE PSK office for date 6th March, 4.30 PM time. Received SMS.

6th March -> Evening 4.00 PM, reached PSK office with only application print, old passport and Aadhar card. Completed formalities on Counter A-> B-> C within 25 mins. Old passport cancelled and returned. VISA is valid. Got receipt and left PSK office. On the way to home, I received SMS, your passport printing for file no.* is initiated. You will receive SMS once it is printed.

7th March -> Morning Received SMS, Passport is printed for file no.*. You will receive SMS once it is dispatched.

8th March -> Morning Received SMS. POST Police verification is initiated. Contact Thana within 3 weeks. Same day, Received Police’s call for intimation to stay at home and keep documents ready for review. Evening, Police came home to inquiry/cross verify the address.

9th March -> Morning visited police station with all the documents and witness and completed the formality in 1 hour. By evening received SMS, Passport No.* dispatched and can be tracked using speed post tracking no. Best SMS and tracking system.

Saturday -> Half Day -> Morning, Passport arrived at head post office division.

Sunday -> Holiday

12th March -> Monday morning 10.00 am, Post man called up me for passport delivery, asked original ID and attested xerox. took signs on papers, handed over passport as well as passport cover. yepppiiieeee

I had opted for passport cover as well. Now ready to travel back again… :slight_smile: