Not able to Book US Visa Appointments - OFC shows Available

It seems like the U.S. embassy is not giving any date now.
They may give slots for booking if the covid situation improves in India.
Have you joined any telegram group or any medium to get the notification?
If yes then, please share.

I am facing the same issue. Dates for OFC are available but there are no dates for visa interview. What shall I do? I was trying to book appointment for L1 visa.

Facing similar issue. Were you able to book appointment eventually ?

Hi,

Just an update. My husband who has applied for a j-2 dependant was able to get an appointment but for Dec 22, 2021. I am waived off from the interview as I have travelled on j-1 two years back. I haven’t got a visa waiver appointment yet. Were you able to book an appointment yet?

Hi!
I have not got an appointment till today.
It is showing some appointment dates for OFC, after selecting one date it’s showing there is no appointment date for counselor interview.

I think since cities are unlocking now, appointments will be available. Is your program start date approaching as on your DS-2019?

HI… I am trying to get appointment for F1 but the earliest data available is for Jan 2022. My program starts fall 21. Any suggestions?

hey you can apply for an expedited appointment which is an option available after you get a normal appointment.

You mean to say that I take the appointment for Jan 2022 and then expedite it? Moreover, the expedite option is available when the time left for the program to start is 60 days or less.
Please advise.

Going through same phase.OFC appointment is available but no counsler appointment for K1 Visa at Mumbai location . Called customer care but no satisfactory response from them as well.

If your program start date is 60 days or less, one can apply for expedite request. However one has to have a regular appointment date to even apply for expedited request. The best scenario would be to get a regular appointment whichever date you might get for e.g Jan 22 in your case. Then keep checking for any earlier dates available and you can reschedule your appointment twice I guess. or if 60 days or less is left for your program to start apply for expedited request. Hope this helps.
cheers

1 Like

I would suggest to book OFC in one location and the consular interview in another location. This way you may get the appointments. If you are looking for both in one location, it may be delayed.

Is it possible to book the appointment for a consulate office other than the one I selected in DS160. Like I filed DS160 for Delhi consulate but now can I take the appointment of Mumbai Consulate?

I think so. Can you reach out to USTravelDocs helpdesk before booking ?

1 Like

1 Like

Is everyone getting the below error :
" We are down for Maintenace"

Sir I’m having same problem for past 5 days now. It’s really an emergency. If you have solution i kindly request you help me. Pleaseeee

Same situation here. I am trying to get a B1 visa to US. I have been trying on their wesite for appointment from last 2 months but not getting any slots for visa interview. OFC slot is available but no visa interview slot.
Read few days ago that in Nov US will open up for normal travellers.
Not sure when they will start giving visa slots.
Any one who has recently got a Visa interview slot?

Hi All,

Also facing the same issue from Sept 2021 for my H4. I have logged the complain to Visa Service Desk

Getting default response, let me know if any other option to solve this issue,

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a query pertaining to the interview slots.

In response to your question, please note that we will not be able to comment regarding slots availability. The slots availability is on the basis of first come first serve. You may login to your profile on https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India and go through the steps of scheduling an appointment to know the current slots availability.

Also, please be informed that applicants are limited to the number of times they can view the interview appointment slots page in a day. If you have exceeded the limit, you will not be able to view the slots. If system sees this unusual activity continue, system will be forced to close your account up to 72 hours.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit Customer Satisfaction Survey to share feedback on the services we provide.

Sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk

Hello! I am having similar problem. After I filled out DS160 form and then also made payment, I click on Continue, and there are appointments available also.