Non-Availability of Birth Certificate for GC Processing

Could you please clarify on how to get non-availability of birth certificate if the person is born after 1980 and his/her birth was not registered in India, Are there any other alternate documents can be used, if yes, is there anyway we can get the birth certificate or alternate documents or attested from Indian embassy in US.

Thank you.