Need urgent advice, OPT expiring


      I have masters in public health. My OPT is expiring in end of feb 2013. I was not very fortunate to find an employer to file  H1b visa. Now I need to take admission to school to maintain my f1 status. But problem is most of the courses starts in Aug for fall which is over 5 months period (I need to be enrolled within 5 months after my OPT expired).
  1. Can you Please suggest me some solutions to stay in staus.

  2. Any short term courses(from accrediated uni) which offer I-20 and start before July 2013.

  3. Thinking about ITU- San Jose, but heard negative things about it, is it true that it is illegal?

    In a terrible situation.

    Please help



See Cal State Fullerton -Extesion or Cal State Long Beach Extension or CSLA EXtension, All are in the neighboring cities, It’s your best option. Also what happens if you don’t get admsission in Aug?

If I do not enroll by july i will be out of status.

Have enough money in your account/ sponsor’s because to issue an I-20 the school will always ask to see proof of funds. Remember to ask the school if they issue I-20 for certificate courses especially in Cal state univs.

I did. I am enrolled in Certificate program. It did issue an I-20, very legal no frauds. Thanks for quick replies.