Need help filing transfer from H1B/H4 to B2


I was recently laid off. I am on my H1B grace period and looking to file a transfer for myself (H1B holder) and my wife (H4 vis). I had the following questions:

  1. Do I need to file one I-539 for myself and then a I-539A for my wife? (I will have to do it through mail)
  2. Do I need to file two separate I-539 which I can do online by creating two accounts?

You can either paper file or online visa two separate USCIS accounts. Both should file I-539, not I-539A unless you have a kid.