Name issue in Birth Certificate

My father got my name changed when I was a 4-5 years old. The name was changed in School records but not in Municipality. Now I need a birth certificate. However, municipality is telling that they can’t issue with the name I am having now. Also, there is no process to get it changed now. Can anyone tell me how to get this issue resolved while I m in USA only.