My H1B is approved. Can my wife & kids apply H4 before I travel to US.

I have got my H1B approved today and planning to travel to US in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Can my Wife & Kid apply for H4 before I travel to US? If Yes, please let me know the documents required for Visa interview. Please note that I cannot get Pay stubs & Tax returns from US which are mentioned in many forums since I am yet to travel. Kindly advice.

Yes , they can go for stamping . The VO officer may ask why did nt you came together with them for stamping . Marriage certificate and I797 should suffice in case you have not started working in USA .