My H1B Amendment is in process. When can I file H4 visa for my wife?

My H1B Amendment is in process. When can I file H4 visa for my wife?

Hello,

I have my H1B visa stamped which is valid till July 2016. This visa is for State A.

Now my employer has decided to send me to USA for a different client and different project, for which I will need to go to State B. My employer has already initiated H1B Amendment process for me few days back and I am yet to receive certified LCA. After LCA is received, my employer is going to file my case in “Premium” mode.

Now my question is - What is best and earliest time I can file H4 visa for my wife?

If I file her H4 visa now then I will have to submit old I-129 and I-797 docs (which will have old receipt number). There is a possibility that by the time my wife appears for visa interview, I will have new amended petition (with new I-129, I-797 and receipt number).

We (I and my wife) are planning to fly together and my employer might not wait much after my H1B amendment is approved, hence I want to get my wife’s H4 visa done ASAP.

Thank you very much for your help, in advance!! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m having concern and filled H4 visa on my old primary I797 with old location.

So did you get any answer from anywhere, please share.

or please let me know if she can travel with the old petition and new LCA copy…if you have any thoughts/idea. thanks.