My Case Status - H1B related - RFE is not received

Hello,

I got RFE on 25th April. But till today my employer has not receeived letter in mail box. I am working as a fill time software developer for a startup company.

1. How long does it take to get the RFE in mailbox?

2. What can be done if i do not receive RFE for another 5 days. I heard that there is a deadline to reply to RFE - I am thinking about that.

3. Since yesterday, when I am trying to check the status, USCIS website says:

“At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.”

Please help!

Thank you.

Hey, I have the same issue as well. The person handling immigration in my office is on a conference so I don’t know what’s going on. My case was on rfe and now its not found. Is your center california?

Whenever you get this stauts message that means they are either under maintenance or updating your status. I had the same message when going from Initial review to RFE. Also, couple of people who have posted earlier mentioned that the RFE was not accurate and they were pushed to post decision activity. I am not sure whether its the same for us. The time line between RFE-> Message displaying cannot provide information->Post decision activity was 10 days in their case. I am not saying exactly this is how it will pan out for you as well but I suggest wait for a week before harassing your attorney about the RFE notice.

That’s messed up. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to see “Post decision activity” over the next week. God Almighty, I wasn’t THIS stressed even when I was moving to the US.

BTW, can you paste the threads where people have raised questions about what you mentioned, i.e RFE->MIssing->Post Decision Activity.

hey…any update? My status is still the same. (t this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.)

@AmericanIdiot Thank you for the reply.
@ chimera86 Yes, the status has been changed on and it shows that the RFE has been mailed. I got it withing 5-6 days. This is the second time attorney requested it when initially we did not get anything for 10 days. Thanks!

Hey chimera86, i am also seeing this status for 1 week. whats does this status means? is it RFE for sure? how long did it take for change of update from uscis?

Sorry, I haven’t been updating my status here. I got my h1b approval about a month ago. There was actually no RFE for me, the status was just stuck. I am thinking it was a server issue. And to answer your question, it does NOT mean its an RFE. I suggest you call the toll free number and find out what is going on.

thanks chimera86 for the update. but mine went to RFE :frowning: