MTR case Ropened. What are the chances of approval ?

It was denied because of speciality occupation reason. Denied case got updated saying its reopend and we are going to rethink on the decision made earlier. New decidion will be made within 30 days

I need your response badly, my employer also appealed my case and he sent me a Form I-797C notice of action which was received from USCIS but it has another EAC no, if I use my old EAC no it shown like USCIS is cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information and if I will use my new EAC no it shows like On October 29, 2013, we transferred your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. Is the same thing is happened in your case also?

Thanks

Gowri

This means this case is not Reopened and went for appeal instead.

Could you please let me know what is the difference between Reopened and appeal and what was the difference between your case and my case, according to my case EAC no will change or not.
Thanks
Gowri

I am also on same boat. My case was sent for appeal on Oct 21 and from then it is on Initial Review. Any idea how long will it take to make decision for appealed case?

Plz update once decision is made. I was told it will take 30-90 days to get decision.

I think this time they will definitely take decision before Feb and could you please let me know yours EAC was also changed and have you received I-797C notice and transfer your case to Washington.Dc as i have written above.eagerly waiting for your response.
Thanks
Gowri

In our case old case got reopened … so its not re-appeal which gets sent to Washington DC. They will rethink on earlier decision and take decision in 30 days. If its still denial, then it will be sent to re-appeal.

Now got same update MTR approved and I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER… Old receipt number says still denied. :frowning: Not sure what next.

You are saying they will take 30-90 days for decision on re-appeal.
Any idea what are chance of getting approved ??

I am in the same situation now.

1. Did you file MTR and get new receipt number?

2. How soon did you get the new receipt number if any?

3. What was the status of Orginal H1B petition number when MTR was in progress?

4. Was your MTR approved? How long did it take?

Hi elixir,

Any update? My case status has been changed. current status is “Case was reopened”.