Movement to Seattle after L1

I am moving to Seattle on L1B with my spouse on L2. Wanted to know the following:

a) I’ll be relocating with my wife. What do you suggest is more useful, assisted move or Lump Sum for relocation? From the amount, looks like Lump Sum is better, but can you suggest how tough will house hunting, SSN application etc become in the initial days?

b)What are the sequence wise actions to be taken & documents required for the same? For example, getting a Phone, Bank account should be priority #1 but will that require SSN before that which itself takes 2 weeks I guess? Also, if I do not take assisted move, which address can I give on the SSN application?

c)How easy / Tough is to figure out a home? What are the key features/precautions/things to check before booking a rented apartment in Seattle?

a. It depends on how much you are planning to move. Usually, if your company is doing the move, it is common to use a large container and do a full relocation…Alternatively, you could just do minor move with key things that you need like few clothes and buy most of the stuff in US…it is much cheaper to buy stuff there than carry our stuff. It will be quite easy to find houses, ask your company or colleagues to help you, it is quite straightforward.
b. We have put together a list, that can help. Read Things to do after Arriving in US for Work as International
. Try to use your office address or the hotel address that you take for first few weeks.
c. it is very straightforward, look for the apartments in the area you plan to live and then call them up or use their website, then go for viewing and book the same. It is pretty easy… Your company would have a guide for new employees, try to leverage them…Also, do share your tips on this thread or at User Experiences Section. Good Luck with your new move !