Leave of absence or resign - L2 ? Renew EAD?

I have only one question. Please reply.
My issue briefly: My husband is on L1 A blanket visa and I am on L2 visa.
I-94 expiry date:
Husband -03/20/2020
wife -12/19/2020
Husband I-129S / PED - 12/19/2020
EAD expired: 05/22/2019

My EAD expired in May 2019, I forgot to renew my EAD and worked for two months(i went through medical surgeries and it slipped our mind about renewal process). As soon as we released, I notified HR about this. My husband’s company is applying for L1/L2 renewal’s. We are applying our renewals outside the country as adviced by Attorney. Once we have our visa renewal, I will apply for EAD with new I-94.
My question: My company put me on Leave of absence until I resolve this issue. They stopped my payroll and my benefits.

Should I resign completely ? or is it ok if they put me on the leave of absence?

Will this affect GC application in the future(GC haven’t applied yet) Please reply. Regards

Well, technically, if you are on unpaid leave and not working, it should be fine. Many of the current H4 EAD holders did the same and went on unpaid leave. It should not create any issues, in general. If you are an active employee, your employer has to maintain I-9 compliance to be in proper legal compliance to work for them. Check with them, how they are managing that. If you want to be super safe, you could resign completely and re-join. Discuss with HR and Immigration attorney on the same and double confirm.