L2 spouse work permit.Ch


Im moving to US in december with a L2 visa, and I’m a little confuse how to proceed or the wich are the correct next steps?
Do I need to complete the I 765 (start the process and wait)? OR I’m able to aplly directly to a job?
Thanks for the help

L2 are required to file I-765 EAD application for work permit up until now. However this changed effective today due to USCIS doing a settlement for the H4 & L2 EAD lawsuit.
L2 spouse will no more need EAD to work. Their I-94 will carry the notation authorizing them for employment.