L2 (EAD) to H1B Visa Conversion

Currently I am working in L2 EAD and I would like to apply H1B visa next year. My current designation is ‘Data Analyst’ & Salary is $30K per Annum. I did M.sc and M-Phil in Mathematic in India.

Please clarify the following:

Can I apply H1B Visa though my salary is very less? Usually H1B salary is more than 65K per annum, but my current salary is 30K per annum.

What are all the documents required to file my H1B?

How long I can work in L2-EAD after I file my H1B?

#1. Salary you are drawing now has to be standard to industry but also to job position, it is not usually a question of more or less but meeting wage standards. For example an SAP professional will be paid differently from a QA Tester. They will check to see if you are not being exploited by employer.

#2. Standard listing is available at USCIS website

#3. L-2 EAD stays valid until (a) End date on EAD and/or (2) L-1 status stays valid for your spouse.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu

Can I apply H1B Visa though my salary is very less? Usually H1B salary is more than 65K per annum, but my current salary is 30K per annum.

H1B salary all depends on LCA ( labour condition ) which depends on your job profile , location and unemployement in that region

What are all the documents required to file my H1B?

You cannot file H1B by your self an employer has to file it for you. Employer-lawyer should know this

How long I can work in L2-EAD after I file my H1B?

It depends if u have filed H1 with COS or not. if not it will be till your L1 holders visa expires . if yes then OCT 1st of the visa approval year