L1b Visa Rejoining sister company in USA

Dear RB2US Users,

I have valid L1B visa from Company-A in India, travelled to US for 3 months to work for Company-B(sister company) then came back to India. I would like to move to USA to work for Company-B.
My Copmany-A manager not allowing me to move to through internal transfer.

I have following questions.

  1. Shall i resign Company-A in india and join company-B in USA.

  2. If I resign compnay-A, Is my visa going to be Invalid.

  3. Will Compnay-A with-draw L1B petition.

Thank you very much.



  1. You can, but you need a visa to work for B in US

  2. L-1 is company specific and through A. It cannot be used by B

  3. They can when you resign from them