L1B to H1B change of status consular - Wife Status L2 - H4 ? EAD?

Hi,

I am currently on L1B with valid status for next 2 year and got selected on H1B lottery this year.
I have filled H1B as consular option so that my wife don’t loose Job as she working on L2.
I also have I140 approved.
If I switch Job to another company BBB being on L1B and they will file my H1B transfer and once approved i can join company BBB.Things are clear till now.

############# Problem starts here #######
What happen to my wife’s status ? will she get H4 as soon as i get on H1B with new employer BBB
Can we file for her EAD after joining company BBB as my I140 is approved or we need to new company BBB to file my I140 again.

Thanks

Your H1B transfer is a grey area…Unless you have H1B status by either stamping or working on H1B status, you may not be considered cap exempt…so, you need to re-asses your plans.
The best option is to get your H1B stamping done and then plan for transfer…in that way, as you have I-140 approved, then she could get H4 EAD as well… I would suggest you discuss with your attorney and then take action, it is really tricky with COS options and transfers.