Hi. I am currently working in USA for 3.5 years under L1B Visa from my employer. The L1B visa will take another 1.5 years to expire. I am expecting an offer from new company who says he will process H1B for me. Consider that he is processing H1B fresh petition in 15 days (during April 1). Then what are my possibilities to work under the new employer sooner for me?
If I get a H1B receipt for the petition filed by the new employer, then is it good enough for me to work legally for him by quitting from my current employer. (Or)
Should I have to wait until the H1B petition is approved or became effective to work under him. If I need to wait for the approval, then is there any quicker way to get the approval instead of waiting for months or till the month of October?
I am seeing no concrete answers on this situation and would require an expert’s opinion on the same. If you have any other suggestions, then please let me the same.