L1 VISA Interview scheduled

Hello Folks,

I got appointment for my L1 Consular Interview on 25th Oct 2021. I have below queries. Guidance would be appreciated

1. My VAC is at 10 AM and Consular Interview at 2 PM. What’s the typical time required for VAC? I checked the locations they are 10 min away in Chennai. Would there be any concern if both VAC and Consular are on same date. Hope it would not overlap.
  2. I do not have NIE. Are there any of you who have got approvals without NIE in these days? I have been hearing about it esp. for few weeks now
  3. Any tips on Q/A for current situation esp. without NIE.
  4. What is the overall sentiment of US Consulates on approving VISAs now?

Thanks

Gaurav

Hello, can anyone help?

VAC should be quick. Generally it may take 30 mins to an hour in & out.

You should consider carrying NIE letter if you work in any of the 16 related sectors.

There was a recent ruling against the no visa policy due to PP10199.

Also starting November, US will allow entry of fully vaccinated travellers from the travel ban country however its not clear whether PP10199 will be withdrawn and Consulates will start issuing visas without NIE.

As far as you have required documents and VO do not want to put you in AP, you should be good.

Thank you Kalpesh, I see that my case doesnt fit in any of the NIE 16 related sectors. Is it still recommended to get a letter? Or there is a risk of getting NIE which doesnt fit into the eligibility crieria?

If you think you are not eligible for NIE then no point attaching the letter.

Hi Gaurav, How did you get the normal visa appointment? I have ben trying to secure one but not able to get one. Any tips on when to check slots and what is the best way to secure visa appointment?

Thanks,