L1 to L2 visa transfer without travelling to India


I and my husband are curently on L1b visa.My husband will be transfering to a new client at a different location in US in one or two months. So I would like to resign my job and apply for L2.

Should I continue to work on L1 until the day my L2 visa gets approved? How long does it take normally? Can I apply for EAD along with L2 itself? Can this be expedited?

Well, I would say yes, because until your Change of Status from L1 to L2 is approved, you have to be working on L1.

It can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months depending on the filing center. You can check the processing times at [USCIS website for processing time ](https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do)

I do not think you will be eligibe for EAD, when your status is L1. You will get a new I-94 when you file COS.  You can read  [L2 EAD applying FAQs ](http://redbus2us.com/apply-l2-visa-ead-card-documents-checklist-sample-cover-letter/)posted by our readers

Well, I do not think there is premium processing for getting EAD.