L1 to Green Card - Option to stay

Hi ,

I am on L1B visa, and my employer filed my green card on EB2 category. and have approved Perm and recently received I-140, and I have only 1 year left on visa as per my MPS. my questions:

  • Are there any options available to stay in US on L1B visa on I-140 like H1B ?
  • I heard , its possible to stay only with H1B visa and not L1, so to get H1B I will have to go from lottery which is uncertain, so are there any option available like change of status without going for lottery?


Well, yes. You need to get H1B to be able to extend based on I-140.
Yes, it is difficult situation… Not many options as far as I know.