J1 stamping at Mumbai, Passport address in other state Kerala?

Hi everyone.

I have to apply for a J-1 Visa appointment at the US Embassy in India. My residential address is in Kerala (as in passport) and my Embassy (based on residence) is in Chennai.

However, I am currently working in Mumbai. Can I give the option for Country-State of Residence as Mumbai to get automatically the Post for an interview in Mumbai? Or Should I give it as Kerala (as in Passport), which will automatically assign my Post for an interview as Chennai. But Can I change then to Mumbai for an interview? What shall I do?

It’s urgent and Thank you in advance

There are no restrictions on where you can apply for visa appointment. You can apply at any location of your choice. If asked, you can state that you work in Mumbai, so giving stamping here.

1 Like

Thank you, Kumar. So, in the application portal,
We may select the Country and State of residence as India-Kerala, and after paying the fee and filling the receipt can we change the location of the interview to Mumbai. (Because it automatically selects post current as Chennai, before paying the fee).

@Kumar
Thank you, Kumar. So, in the application portal,
We may select the Country and State of residence as India-Kerala, and after paying the fee and filling the receipt can we change the location of the interview to Mumbai. (Because it automatically selects post current as Chennai, before paying the fee).