Is H1B Transfer possible without paystub when unemployed

My friend has H1B sponsored by a company but he has resigned his job from that company when he was in India and came to US with the same H1B visa and have been here for 1 month looking job and H1 Transfer. Is it possible to transfer his visa since he doesn’t have any paystub. People are saying, new company can generate paystub and apply transfer. Please advise on it.