I am working for Employer A in US and my assignment here ends on 25th of Oct 2013.
However, I have got another offer from Company B and they have already filed my Visa transfer in premium for which I got the receipt number today. They want me to join them but I wanted to wait for the complete visa transfer.
I expect to get the result by 1st of November 2013.
If I take a week vacation from Employer A (to keep that job secure until my visa is transferred), Can I stay in US after 28th Oct 2013 for like 1 week without any job? Would that be considered unlawful?