Interview waiver for h4 - Child above 14

Hi Team - I am in an H1B visa currently. I plan to go to India this June 2023 along with my family. I filled out DS160 and while creating the profile I added my spouse and two kids as dependents. While answering questions for the Interview waiver I considered myself alone and answered all questions, and got the Interview waiver. But my kids are above 15 and 13+ (turning 14 in August), so they are not eligible for Dropbox right? Their last visa was issued before their 14th birthday.

When I called the helpline, I am getting weird answers from them. So, could someone clarify the below, please?

1. Can I cancel all of our appointment and book the Interviews for all four? Note that: I am going to India after 10 yrs, last time i am in India at 2014. So there is a high chance they call me also for the interview right?

2. What If I cancel my current appointment and separate my both kids only to two separate profiles and book the interview for them?

3. Travel to with the same appointment and ask the Dropbox VO to request to accept my kids also Dropbox is eligible, if not they can provide a date for the interview?

Sorry for the novice question.

Thanks
Senthil

1 Like

What did VFS folks say?

I would just go ahead with the dropbox appointment. Consular officer will send 221g if interview is required.

Hi Kalpesh - Thanks for the reply. VFS ppls are giving confused information. They are saying the same thing - “Please follow the link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/renew-visa to know about the interview waiver, check the eligibility criteria, as we will not be able to comment if you would qualify for the same.” . Also if I ask them what will move forward procedure they are saying cancel the appointment and apply again for Dropbox(me and my spouse) and interview for my kids. So planning to cancel not sure I will get one soon.

What about this question -
I am going to India after 10 yrs, last time i am in India at 2014. So there is a high chance they call me also for the interview right? If they call me will they provide the interview date?

IW is at discretion of the consular officer so if they want to interview you, they will give 221g for in person interview. Note that the time gap in the stamping will not drive the decision though.

Thanks, Kalpesh

For the below question -

My kids are above 15 and 13+ (turning 14 in August), so they are not eligible for Dropbox right? Their last visa was issued before their 14th birthday.

I am planning to cancel the current Dropbox appointment and going to book Dropbox for me and going to book an interview for the kids. Do you think that is the only option? If I will go with the current appointment my kids will be eligible for Dropbox right? I don’t want to put them in jeopardy.