Interview Waiver Eligibly for 14 year old

Hi All,

I am planning to visit India for visa stamping for myself (H1) and my dependents (Wife - H4 EAD, Daughter - H4, Son -H4). There is no change in our visa types, however my daughter got her last visa when she was 11 years old. She’s 14 now. As per interview waiver guidelines, children under 14 are eligible for the waiver. Could you please clarify if my 14 year old daughter is eligible for the interview waiver or should I book an interview appointment for her? In that case, should I apply appointments for me, my wife & son together and submit one separately for my daughter.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Bala

She should qualify for dropbox. Just submit your DS-160 and try scheduling an appointment for all four.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-waivers-of-the-interview-requirement-for-certain-nonimmigrant-visas.html

Dear Kalpesh,

Thanks for the swift response. However there is a question “Do you have a previous U.S. visa in any visa class issued on or after your 14th birthday?” and I would have to respond “Yes” if my son and daughter are in my appointment request. If I respond “No”, then it doesn’t request additional questions and doesn’t show interview waiver confirmation message. How should I proceed in this situation?

I did miss that your daughter’s last visa was when she was under 14. You can remove her from your application and apply for her separately.

@sbalaaab975 Bala, could you please enlighten with your experience here? Am struck in same scenario - me, my wife, my 7yr old kid all have a stamping. But the “Do you have a previous U.S. visa in any visa class issued on or after your 14th birthday?” is a blocker.

Did you answer “Yes” and forced yourself to interview or did you answer “No” and went ahead with Dropbox? How was the kid’s passport stamped in that case?

Hi @senthil_arumugam , may I know if you have a successful drop box with 3 of you?
I am rite now in the similar situation. My kid is 12 year old. I am not sure if we can book drop box for me, my wife and my kid at a time? Please let us known your experience with drop box. Appreciate your help here.

I am also in same boat… senthil pls update