inquiry about B2 visa sponsored by employer NGO for visiting temples and studying Hindu culture in USA

I am employed in a Kolkata based NGO working on religion and charitable cause.They want me to send to USA to visit the Hindu temples and study Hindu culture in USA.Can the NGO sponsor my B2 visa for this purpose or I need any other non immigrant visa?What kind of documents my sponsor NGO need to produce for this visa application purpose?

Waiting for ASAP reply because this would be an important decision in my career.Thank you in advance for your valuable input.

Are you a priest or having training in Hindu theology? You must consider the R visa for travel.