India trip when H1 Extn in process and delayed due to temp suspension at USCIS

Hello,

I have my india vacation planned to start by June 29 and return by July 29 2015. Due to this change(USCIS Temporarily Suspends Premium Processing for Extension of Stay H-1B Petitions | USCIS) in USCIS, I got a notification saying that I can get an update saying “Our California Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by July 26, 2015.”.

My question is … Since my current H1 I94 expires on Sept 29 2015 and H1, H4 extension are in process, can I still make my vacation to India?
If I go out of US, I need to go for stamping. Will there be any issue in the stamping process due to the very short time of I94 validity? Will there be any issue in the port of entry at CA?

Since this is an extension and not an AoS you can travel as long as you come back with an unexpired visa. But you also said you need to go for stamping, you don’t have your current H1 stamped? In that case you cannot come back. Best to wait for the new 797 and go to the consulate with it.