If my husband can raise H4 while his H1B extension is in progress.


My husband’s H1B-visa is valid till Sept 2013.He has already requested for extension(filed on june 18th with USCIS) and it is in progress.He did not get any receipt number yet.Will it be fine if he can raise dependant visa now or he has to wait till he gets his visa extension confirmation.


What do you mean “raise dependent visa”?

If you are outside US, then you have to appear for H-4 stamping and you need to do that not your husband. It would be better to go for stamping after getting the extension, so that you can get visa stamp for a longer duration.

If you are inside US, then the employer needs to file for H-4 extension.