I94 Expires but VISA validity exists. What should do?

Dear Saurabh,

My spouse and kids I94 expires by July 2016 but L2 VISA validity exists till May 2017. When I checked with office, they are saying that they need to leave US and come back. For that they can go either to India or Mexico/Canada.

1.If we go to Mexico/Canada, Do I need VISA to that country? What are the costs associated with it?

Is there any other best way to choose.

Thanks for your reply

I dont think you need to leave US. heard some cases like they can visit nearby office to present the relevant docs based on that they can extend I-94 and issue new one. i dont think its a problem.

Which office do we need to visit?

CBP office. Look for location closest to your place