I am unable to add more than two employers in DS-160

Does anyone face like unable to add more employers if yes then what are the steps taken by your side?

In general, it should allow you to add any number of employers in the last 5 years.
In my case, I did for at least 3 for sure.
You should be able to totally have 3 employer details.
One is current employer, two previous employers. As long as you can fill those, it is not a bug.
You can call the customer service to confirm as well. You can raise a service request to them too.
Do update here your status.

Kumar,

Thanks for the response.

I added my current employer and then trying to add three other past employers but it allowed me to add only the previous two employers so totally out of 4 I am able to add 3 employers.

Did you face that kind of issue or did you hear about that case in the past then if yes what are the actions that should be taken from my side?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

But, do those 3 employers cover all 5 years of your previous history from today?

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the response.

No, it covers only 2 years of employment history including the current employer and leftover with one employer, and unable to add that in the application. It covers 8 months of employment history.

What are the next steps need to take from my side?

Thanks,
Vinil

Vinil,
Call the customer service and check. Usually it should allow you to add for the last 5 years. Not sure, if they have put in restrictions now. Email the customer service, if you cannot hold of them in call. Do update how it goes.

Kumar,

Can you please share the customer number?

Thanks,
Vinil

Hi Kumar,

I have reached the USA customer care and they shared the India number to talk with those people.
They asked me to start an afresh application if I see the same issue they asked me to send an email.

support-india@ustraveldocs.com
703-520-2239

Thanks for sharing. Do update on how it goes with the new application.

Hi Kumar,

Good Morning,

I hope you enjoyed your holidays.

As per the customer care service centre team, I have started the fresh application in that also I see the same issue then I dropped an email to the Indian DS-160 team members then yesterday I got the reply from them saying that they have restricted to give only three employers including the current one.
So, now my doubt got cleared and I am happy to fill the remaining portion of the application form.

Thanks,
Vinil

1 Like

Vinil,
This is good to hear, they have clarified it. Thanks for sharing.
Just make sure you carry a print out of the email along with you, if they ask why you did not fill other employers. Also, if you don’t mind, can you post a copy of the screenshot of the email by hiding the personal info here that has the consualte response. It will help others as well in similar boat.

Kumar,

I will try to share that email by hiding the personal info.

Thanks,
Vinil

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @kumar45 for sharing ! Appreciate it !