i am on H4-visa looking for H1B

My wife got H1B and will be traveling to US in Feb 2013.

And i have a H4.

Can she file H1B onbehalf of me once she is in US and i will be still in India and attend the PA in India.


should i be in US while filing for H1B and attend the PA in US?

You can file for h1b even from India. However, you need an employer to support you with proper documents.