I am on F2- Dependent visa, Can I convert from F2 to H1?


I am on F2 (dependent visa), Is it possible to apply for H1 through immigration consultant & then find an employer, If yes then when can I start working ? also inbetween can i apply for Social Security number (after H1 approval & before 1st oct) ?


Appriciate your help